This blog expresses the personal experiences and opinions of the author and not of any other person or organisation. The text herein is subject to change at any time, without notice and may not, under any circumstances, be reproduced (in whole or in part) without the author's written permission.

Thursday 21 May 2009

In other news…

- We are currently doing ‘one day on, one day off’ with electricity, and it will probably be like this for the next couple of months. I actually don’t mind, because at least we’ve got a schedule now! It just means I work a 12 hour day when it’s an ‘electricity day’, and treat myself to a small nap in the afternoon when it’s not (unless I’m at the school, in which case it’s kind of frowned upon to sleep in class)!

- I have got rid of the mice and the rat, which is a good thing, but I now have a new flatemate in the shape of a lizard. He lives above my door and appears at around 9pm (although occasionally he’s there when I finish work). I definitely prefer him to the rat, but both Ab and A are horrified and would rather go for the rodents.


- I am now the proud owner of a little gas stove (my main cooker is electric) so that I can cook at home when the power is off. However, I’m still a little bit scared of it (it involves naked flames and gas – and ME!) so I won’t use it in the dark, which of course defeats the object slightly. However, practice makes perfect…

No comments: