This blog expresses the personal experiences and opinions of the author and not of any other person or organisation. The text herein is subject to change at any time, without notice and may not, under any circumstances, be reproduced (in whole or in part) without the author's written permission.

Monday 1 June 2009

22nd May 2009

I’m sick today (no idea why – I only had potatoes for dinner last night and surely even I can’t get sick from potatoes?!) and so have spent the whole day lying on the sofa (or in the bathroom …) feeling sorry for myself.

God bless A and Ab who brought Ambo (Ethiopian fizzy water – the best fizzy water in the world, beats Perrier any day!) and biscuits to settle my stomach.

The reason I bring this up is that Ab bought me a packet of Bourbons, and I’m intrigued, because all the biscuits were back to front. The two bits of biscuit in the Bourbon sandwich are upside down, so the rounded edge which you normally find on the outside of the biscuit are the sides stuck together with the chocolate cream.

No big deal (it certainly didn’t spoil my enjoyment of them!), I’m just wondering. Is it a particular Ethiopian preference? A cultural thing?!

I have to get out more…

No comments: