This blog expresses the personal experiences and opinions of the author and not of any other person or organisation. The text herein is subject to change at any time, without notice and may not, under any circumstances, be reproduced (in whole or in part) without the author's written permission.

Tuesday 6 January 2009

1st January - Part 2

Although I'm living in Lalibela and working for another charity, Hanna's Orphanage is still the reason I am in Ethiopia, and I am still working with them in any way I can.

Which is why I was so happy that U. and her family and friends back in Austria have raised over 17,000 birr (around £1133) for the orphanage. U. has been to the orphanage several times with me, to help me teach lessons or just to play, and the kids love her. The money donated will be used to pay the rent on some of the houses for the children, and it really is a huge help for the orphanage.

Hopefully when U. goes back to Austria in January, she will be doing some more fundraising, and possibly even start the Austrian version of our music nights!

Speaking of which, after the successful Christmas Music Night on the 15th of December, we have scheduled our first gig of 2009 – in February. As I have recently discovered that it's not just my dad who reads this blog, I want to make sure that everyone knows about it and can prepare in advance!

Held in London, there will be the usual fantastic live music, a raffle with some really great prizes (a windsurfing weekend, boot-camp fitness sessions, alcohol and £20 vouchers for Hotel Chocolat have been previous prizes!) and food and drink is served all night. It's a great night, and you will be helping to raise money for a really deserving cause.

For more details, or to reserve yourself a table, please email maria@blueskyonline.co.uk

No comments: